Log in

No account? Create an account
cherdt's journal
[Most Recent Entries] [Calendar View] [Friends View]

Monday, September 8th, 2003

Time Event
Printmaking in the desert
I intended to make an original linocut portrait pots [sic] card every day that I was at Burning Man, based on interesting people that passed by our camp. I was going to bill myself as the world's 2nd-worst portrait artist.

There should have been six, but I ended up making only two (click for larger versions):

I imagined beforehand that making prints with water-based ink in the desert would be ideal: the prints should dry quickly. The ink dried so quickly, though, that it became thick and tacky before I could put the paper on the plate. I tried to dilute it with a couple drops of water between prints, but the ink on the plate continued to build up and the prints didn't come out very clean.

<< Previous Day 2003/09/08
Next Day >>
My Website   About LiveJournal.com